|Window Cleaning Cost Estimate Checklist
Does your window washing cost estimate include everything you want done? Here are some items to consider:
1. Are they going to clean the inside and outside of the windows? Make sure your proposal specifies what they are doing?
2. Have they included window sills, frames, and tracks? Sometimes excluded from the proposal.
3. Are they including doors (like sliding glass doors)?
4. Are they going to clean the screens? Almost always an extra charge for this.
5. If you have storm windows, how are they going to handle that and are they included? Storm windows complicate the project.
6.. Have they included skylights?
7. Will they remove paint that they come across?
8. Are they properly insured and licensed to handle the height of your building? Many cities require special permits or licensing to wash exterior windows over a certain height.
> Get a free window washing cost estimate.
Factors that Increase the Cost of Window Washing
The cost of window cleaning will increase or decrease based upon a number of factors. Here is a list of factors that will impact the cost:
1. The number of “panes.” Most window washers seem to charge by “the pane.” For residential purposes this, in general, seems to mean “per average size window.” The more panes you need to have washed, the higher the cost.
2. Interior and exterior window cleaning. Cleaning the interior and exterior of a window will cost more than cleaning one or the other.
3. Height of windows. In general, the window cleaning cost will be about the same for one and two story buildings. Once you go over two stories, the cost per pane will go up.
4. Screen and storm window cleaning. If you want your screens and storm windows cleaned, it will increase the cost. Typically it will increase the window cleaning cost by 25% or so.
5. Cleaning sills and frames. Having your sills and frames cleaned increases the window cleaning cost.
6. Removing paint. Standard estimates do not include removing paint from the windows. If you would like this done, it will cost a bit more.
If you would like help finding a local window cleaning service to help you with your project, we can help. Learn more about hiring local contractors and get a free window cleaning cost estimate.
Good luck with your window washing project!